Welcome to Jumia’s Help & Support pageHere you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions and tips on how to sell & buy items fast and safely.
For the safety and comfort of Jumia users, our team pay extra attention that all ads posted respect our rules. In order to prevent your ad from being blocked or put on hold to be reviewed, please read the following rules carefully prior to posting an ad:
- All Ads must be uploaded with a photo, free of watermark (except for the jobs and services categories)
- All Ads must have valid phone numbers and email addresses
- All products and services must be real, legally acquired (not stolen) and located in Malawi
- Description of an ad must be clear and concise and the photo must match or clearly show the advertised item or service
- Description of an ad cannot include links to third party websites
- Multiple items in the same ad are not allowed: every item must be posted separately (except for sets e.g shoe and bag set, dining set etc.)
- Doublets ads are forbidden: you cannot post an ad with the same content as another live ad
- Unrealistic offers will be blocked based on Jumia criteria
- All items, products and services considered to be illegal in Malawi are prohibited. See list of illegal items below
- Abusive content (offensive pictures or language) is forbidden
- Ads seeking for friendship, relationship, donations or help are not allowed
Please note that the following items are prohibited on Jumia
- Weapons: Guns, knives and swords, explosives, teargas, brass knuckles, nightsticks, etc.
- Drugs, Alcohol, narcotics, tobacco and other smoking related products
- Fireworks and derivatives
- Any pharmaceutical or medical product
- Endangered species under any local or international laws and exotic plants and animals
- Human organs
- Counterfeit items
- Illegal/Pirated copies of software or audiovisual items, including memory cards or other storage devices. e.g DVDs, CDs and books
- Psychic services, Voodoo or Black magic and Tarot Services Horoscopes
- Natural products that claim to cure diseases.
- Coupons, vouchers and credit cards
- Explicit or adult content or services
- Multi Level Marketing and “work from home” jobs
- Money Transactions - Ads offering the exchange of any legal tender.
- Offers on how to make money fast